April 18, 2003
Added the WiNYL skin for ViPlay, thanks to WiNYL.
April 16, 2003
Updated the Croatian language file, thanks to ZOX.
We also now have a new Chinese Traditional (Big5) language file, thanks to koko.
Both languages are for Subtitle Workshop.
April 13, 2003
After almost five months of hard work Subtitle Workshop v2.00 is finally released!.
There are a lot of news in this version:
SubtitleAPI is not yet downloadable, it will be uploaded when updated. You are welcome to leave comments/suggestions/bug
reports in the forum.
- General changes
- Totally rewritten from scratch improving all parts of the code.
- Speed of all operations was *highly* improved, making Subtitle Workshop the fastest application available!.
- Modified the list where the subtitles are displayed.
- Now you can switch between interfaces!.
- Added: Spell Check using Microsoft Word's engine, so it should work with every installed language.
- Added: now the caption of the buttons in the message boxes can be translated.
- Modified: "New subtitle" doesn't longer use a form.
- Added: "Insert before" to insert a subtitle before the selected one.
- Added: up & down buttons to modify times with the mouse.
- Added: the "Text" and "Translation" label now also display the number of characters in the selected subtitle's text and/or translation (whole subtitle and each line).
- Added: support for mouse wheel in the main list of subtitles.
- Added: now you can Drag & Drop video files into Subtitle Workshop (detection of videos is based on extension).
- Added: much better handling when saving read only files.
- Changed: now when you don't want to use the automatic format recognition you just have to select the right filter in the open dialog.
- Fixed: now the program finally works perfectly when using large fonts!.
- Lots of minor changes and small bug fixes.
- Reading engine
- Totally rewritten (and extremely fast).
- Now the program is based in URUSoft Subtitle API, thus it now supports around 50 subtitle formats!. Support for new formats and fixes in the engine can easily be achieved by downloading an updated DLL file!.
- Added: now you can load plain text files (selecting the very last filter in the open dialog) and set the times yourself. This is useful for example if you have the lyrics of a song and a video clip and want to make them match.
- Added: now it reads and writes DivXG400 FPS Info tag from MicroDVD files.
- Added: Subtitle Workshop now supports color tags for MicroDVD and ViPlay Subtitle File formats.
- Fixed: bugs when saving some formats.
- Fixed: Spruce subtitle file format is now read and saved with the correct time format.
- Improved: Philips SVCD format reading and writing.
- Video related
- Modified: Video preview was highly improved and is now in main window to ease subtitle editing job.
- Added: now Video preview automatically removes VMR from the filter graph so subtitles can be transparent in Windows XP.
- Added: "Mark as first dialog" and "Mark as last dialog" buttons to forward the times of first and last dialogs to the "Adjust subtitles" feature.
- Added: "Add FPS From AVI" doesn't use DirectX anymore, thus it only work with AVI files now.
- Added: "playback rate" for video preview (50%, 60%, 70%, 80%, 90% and original speed (100%)).
- Added: opening a video now takes the frame rate from it automatically.
- Added: now when you click on the video (or in the subtitles over the video) the video plays or pauses.
- Information and errors
- Highly enhanced functions strictly designed to get speed and a high grade of efficiency.
- Added: very powerful text scripts (HTML style syntax) to define custom OCR errors.
- Now it is possible to mark errors in the main list with customizable color and font style.
- Added: possibility to check errors (and mark them) on load subtitle.
- Added: possibility to fix errors on load subtitle.
- Added: check & fix "Repeated character".
- Added: check & fix "Repeated subtitles".
- Added: "Spaces after custom characters" and "Spaces before custom characters", adds a space (if not already present) before/after customizable characters.
- Added: "Delete text before colon" now has a sub-option, "Only if text is in capital letters".
- Added: now "Fix overlapping" acts more smartly, cutting the shortest subtitle or if the difference in the length of the subtitles is less than 5 chars, set proper duration for both.
- Added: now it is possible to choose what unnecessary spaces to remove.
- Added: "Recheck errors" and "Fix errors" commands in main form accessible by shortcuts.
- Added: "Jump to next error" command in main form.
- Improved: empty subtitles detection (now detects a subtitle with no letters as an empty one).
- Translator mode
- Modified: "Translate subtitles" is now in main window, has been highly improved and is now called "Translator mode".
- Added: Load/Save translation project, so that loading one file loads original/translated/movie file automatically.
- Added: now in translator mode you can specify original and translated font charsets, so you can have each text column in the list with languages that use a different alphabet.
- Added: Swap original/translated.
- Subtitle editing
- Added: popup menu when you right-click the list. It lets you easily add/remove tags (bold, italic, underline) to/from all the selected subtitles. It also let's you edit color tag.
- Added: Cut/Copy/Paste subtitles from the list.
- Added: now when you enter tags in a subtitle and have an option in settings enabled, the appropriate font style & color is applied to the subtitle in the list so you can have a clearer view of it.
- Added: now if you leave the mouse cursor over the list for 5 seconds and you are in translator mode, Subtitle Workshop tells you how many untranslated lines there are.
- Timings related
- Added: now you can adjust subtitles using two points of the subtitle file and two points of the video.
- Added: other method to adjust subtitles, "Adjust to synchronized subtitles". You just click a menu and everything is done automatically.
- Added: "Time expander" feature, to expand the final time of certain subtitles under certain conditions.
- Added: "Read times from file" feature.
- Added: "Extend duration", useful to extend the duration of all the selected subtitles to the start time of next subtitle.
- Text related
- Added: "Convert case" - with 5 different conversions mode: "Sentence type" (with optional "..." detection), "lowercase", "UPPERCASE", "Title Type", "iNVERSE tYPE".
- Added: "Smart line adjusting" - constrains subtitles bigger than two lines into two and set proper line length for subtitles.
- Added: "Combine subtitles" - combines two or more subtitles into one.
- Added: "Unbreak subtitles", which makes all selected subtitles to be in one line.
- Added: "Divide lines" to easily divide a subtitle with more than one line into two subtitles.
- Added: "Set maximum line length" feature - splits the subtitle in N number of lines so that each of the lines is shorter than a maximum specified length.
- Added: "Read texts from file" feature.
- Added: "Delete unnecessary links" menu, which eliminates "..." from the beginning of a subtitle and from the end of the previous, only if the end of that subtitle is "...".
- Modified: "Reverse text" now only reverses text of the selected subtitles.
- Added: "Video preview" section and "Video preview/Subtitles" which enables you to completely configure the look of the subtitles.
- Added: "Autosearch for movie" with suffix detection.
- Added: "Force working in time mode" option.
- Added: "Interpret invalid files as plain text" option.
- Added: "Apply style to subtitles" option.
- Added: "Mark untranslated subtitles with color" option and customizable color.
- Added: "Show horizontal scrollbar" option.
- Changed: now Subtitle Workshop doesn't alter extensions when you press Ok button unless you really modify the associated extensions.
- Join subtitles
- Added: now subtitle files added can be sorted by dragging them with the mouse.
- Added: now you are able to select different frame rate for each frame-based subtitle file.
- Changed: redesigned partially.
- Batch convert
- Changed: redesigned partially.
- "Exhaustive format check" option has been added (uncheck it and you get great speed, check it and you get 100% security the file can be loaded).
- Added: now it generates a log (*.log) file, including all the details of the conversion.
- Added: now you are able to choose different frame rate for each frame-based subtitle file.
- Other changes
- Added: now when you enter Search & Replace in translator mode, a combo box appears where you can define the charset of the text you are going to find.
- Added: "Preserve case on replace" in Search & Replace.
- Added: more configurable parameters in SSA Output Settings, and fixed some bugs.
- Changed: "Duration limits" was redesigned.
- Changed: some things with command line parameters.
- Fixed: stuff with FPS and Input FPS.
- Fixed: slight bug when splitting subtitles at the end of a video.
- Removed: options nobody used :).
April 09, 2003
Updated the Polish language for ViPlay, thanks to WiNYL.
April 03, 2003
Updated the RealViPlay skin for ViPlay, thanks to Mguel.
April 01, 2003
ViPlay v2.05 released!
- Added Shortcuts to move subtitles up/down
- Added More subtitles formats (now supports 53 formats !!!)
- Added When mouse hides in fullscreen mode now the main window hides too
- Added Hold down shift while seeking for some fun
- Added Possibility to disable the window docking by holding down SHIFT key while dragging it
- Added Any key shortcut can now be assigned to an action
- Improved Docking code, now playlist is moved together with main window
- Improved OSD, now shows video offset
- Improved Skin browser, Ok button now works correctly
- Improved Show main window action, now shows/hides the window
- Improved Command line
- Fixed Bug that made ViPlay crash in some systems with some particular filters installed
- Fixed Some subtitle extensions in the open dialog
- Fixed Drag & Drop multiple subtitle files
- Fixed Multiple subtitle files entry in movie profiles
- Fixed Some strange bugs in the playlist editor
- Fixed Opening many files from explorer issues
- Some cosmetics changes
- And much more!